I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Christmas was hard without Powell. It wasn't just the fact that I was doing Christmas alone or that we missed having a dad but the girls got REALLY SICK! On Christmas eve, Brinley started throwing up. She was super sick, moaning and groaning in my bed and then Hunter came running up from the basement to say that Mckenna had thrown up all over the carpet around midnight! So we did lots of laundry and scrubbing the carpet until 3 in the morning. We were finally able to get to sleep but these poor girls felt bad on Christmas. We had been invited to go to Christmas dinner at the Nadaulds so I still made Savannah and Hunter go and the girls and I just hung out and rested. Powell didn't make it home until the morning of the 27th and we enjoyed watching movies, playing games and spending time together.
| The kids got their traditional pop tarts in their socks. |
| Hunter scored a long board, a new blanket and lots of fancy socks. His ski pass was also part of his Christmas. |
| The girls asked for Beanie Boos and Yoga Balls! Brinley also got another horse. |
| Savannah loved her new i phone and her cactus collection. She also got a make over at Mac and make up for part of her Christmas. |
1 comment:
I'm sorry you were alone but was thankful we didn't come to catch your germs for Christmas. It is always difficult when kids are sick during the holidays.
Post a Comment