Thursday, June 2, 2016

Andy and Lynn

When I was on my mission in Kokomo Indiana, I taught a couple named Lynn and Frank. I also knew Lynn's mom from the ward, Sister Doud. Anyway, after I got transferred, Lynn and Frank were baptized. After I returned home from Indiana, Lynn and Frank and their baby Andy came and visited Utah. They were able to meet my family and visited the farm. We kept in touch for a while but then lost touch for a number of years. Then when I ventured back to Indiana in 2013, we were able to meet up and go to dinner. Well they decided to retire in Coco Beach, Florida and about a year after they were there, Frank suddenly got sick and died a few weeks later in the hospital. Lynn contacted me and wanted to come back out to visit and spread Frank's ashes in Montana. So for 10 days we had Lynn and Andy (minus the few days they were in Montana). It was really fun having them stay. We visited and hiked around Bridal Veil Falls. We also spent a day at Temple Square and the Church History Museum. We ate lots of good food and talked and talked and talked. I bought a puzzle and we worked on that as well. The girls loved coloring with Lynn and Hunter had a great time gaming with Andy.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Glad you could reunite and spend some time together. You are always so generous in opening your home to everyone.