Saturday, August 2, 2008

Savannah's Special Baptism Day!



I can't believe my little girl is 8! She looked so beautiful today in her white dress (Powell looked pretty hot in his suit also!). The baptism and confirmation were just perfect. I told her last night to get ready for her baptism. She packed her bag and then went to read her scriptures before she went to bed. She is such a great example to our family. Here are some of the things I love about Savannah:

She always forgives others
She is good at the piano
She is artistic
She is a good student and loves to read
She has the most beautiful dark brown eyes
She is my helper with Brinley
She makes good choices and is sad when her friends don't

Thank you to everyone who came and supported us, brought food, and gave Savannah such nice gifts. We love you!

8 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats Savannah- you look beautiful! Love the pics from the canal ride too, fun! Jess, you in the kiddie pool rocks!

Ashleigh said...

Savannah looks sooo beautiful sparking in her dress. I am so bummed we missed it! What a wonderful group shot. Congrats to her on her special day!

Kelsi said...

It turned out so nice. She looked so grown up and cute. It was a fun day together. Can you email me the group picture, a picture of savannah, and the picture with Savannah, me and rachel?

Sara said...

thanks for letting me crash you bbq. You family is so nice, but you dads a bit crazy. I bet there is never a dull moment when he is around.

Lori said...

I had forgotten that Savannah's baptism day would likely be the same as Joslyn's. They sure are growing up. It was so fun to see the picture of your family. What happened to the 16 year old Brett I used to know? The one with hair!! Hee hee. Maybe I will get some pics of Joslyn's big day posted soon.... maybe.

Brynnly and Alan said...

What an exciting day for Savannah! Congrats to her!

Martha said...

It was a special day for Grandpa and Grandma as our grown up 8 year old entered the waters of baptism. Then having her come back in the room in that gorgeous dress made her look like an angel. We are so proud of Savannah. Glad there was so many family members there. Powell I forgot to tell you how nice you looked in your suit.

Dean and Rachel said...

I love you Nana....It was so fun to be apart of your big day. I'm so proud of you..