Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School!

Savannah and Hunter are both at new schools this year so they were both nervous and apprehensive this morning. This is also the first year they ride the bus so we were all running around trying to figure out how the routine will go. Hunter's bus comes at 8:21 and Savannah's bus comes at 8:42 and they have about a 10 minute walk to the bus stop. We ended up driving them so we could have some extra time to take picture's. I think in the future we will have them ride their bikes and lock them to the pole next to the bus stop.

Hunter is never afraid to talk to new people. Here he is chatting with his new bus stop friends!
He wished he could wear his wallet with the chain and his Tony Hawk hat but those are not approved at his school.....thank goodness!
I asked Hunter to lay out his clothes and this is what Powell found when he went to tuck Hunter in last night!!!!
Savannah in her "skinny jeans".....don't know if I will ever like them but I love her and she is beautiful and so grown up! She didn't let us hang out at the bus stop to take picture's. We are her parents you know!

4 comments:

Kelsi said...

Jess- they look so stinkin grown up. I love them! Hunter is so funny. I'm afraid he is a lot like me and you when it comes to laying out his clothes and the shoes are "perfectly" pointed the same direction. So cute. Savannah... wow she is beautiful. So grown up and those jeans look adorable on her. How fun. Take more pictures and tell us how the new schools go.

Dean and Rachel said...

It makes me want to cry....Geez I'm such a mom...Hunter is so cute...I was laughing at his shoes!!! Savannah is so beautiful and grown up. I hate it...She's going to be a teenager soon! Let me know how it goes today!

Martha said...

Well if Kelsi and Rachel feel the way they do, how do you think I feel? Hunter is a natural gabber and Savannah is a natural beauty. Both are so cute this morning for lst day of school. And yes, I don't think Savannah should be looking so old because she makes me feel older.

Marci and Morgan said...

WHAT?!?! Savannah looks too grown up- time to put a stop to that right now!! haha. Hunter- what a cutie- I loved the clothes perfectly "laid out" and his easy manners at the bus stop...miss you guys. How are you feeling??