Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The New Arrival!

Our sweet baby girl, Mckenna, was born September 26, 2010. She weighed 7 lb.s 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. After a long and difficult pregnancy we were so happy to have her arrive safely. Soon after she was born she started having trouble breathing and spent 5 days in the NICU. She is doing great now and is such a doll. We love her so much and can't imagine life without her!

Holding my baby for the first time.....I know I'm ugly when I cry!
Little Mckenna with her CPAP on.....her and Grandpa Remund have something in common!
This is Phil, the respiratory therapist that took SUCH good care of Mckenna. He stood by her side for over 24 hours and fought to keep her from being transferred to a bigger hospital.
This is Mckenna getting ready to be discharged, being held by her Grandma Carrie.
Ready for the ride home!
Savannah and Hunter came to see the baby, but could only peek in the window. They found some fun snooping around in some cupboards in my room.

8 comments:

Martha said...

Oh Jess, that is an adorable picture of her where Grandma Carrie is holding her. Thanks for posting the pictures. Love the hair on McKenna. Look how big your Savannah and Hunter are getting. You have such a great little family.

Kelsi said...

Ha Ha Hunter and Savannah crack me up in that picture! She really is a doll. I love her and that green outfit with her hair all dolled up. Love her.

Sarah said...

Congratulations Jessica and Powell! I am so excited for you! I hope we can see her soon. I was just thinking about you, and I didn't even know you had had your baby! Let me know when you are feeling up for visitors. I would love to bring you dinner!

Bill and Mandy Guidry said...

Babies have hair? She is beautiful Remund!

Em said...

Congratulations. She is really really cute! It is always a relief to get them here safely.
Emily (Tom's sister)

Natalie said...

Thanks so much for posting pictures-FINALLY! We have been checking your blog daily since you got home. I can't believe how much hair she has. She is SO cute and we all can't wait to meet her!

Dean and Rachel said...

It makes me want to cry! I love her. She is such a cutie!!! I love the kids in the masks.

Bobby & Caitlin said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through Sarah's blog. Mckenna is so cute! I actually work with Phil and just showed him the picture. He was raving about how wonderful you guys were. Miss you guys! Hope everything is great!