Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Growing Up!

All my kiddo's are growing up waaaaaaay too fast!

Mckenna is 2 months old now and changing so fast. She is 11 lbs and starting to sleep longer at night.....hurray! I'm holding my breath but last night she slept 7 hours. She smiles and coos and is such a good baby. She has new little dark hairs coming in. I wondered if her hair would change to blond (like Brinley's did) but now I think it is going to stay dark.
Oh Brinley........what can I say. She is by far my biggest challenge right now. I forgot just how great tantrums can be!!!! She turned 3 in September so hopefully things will start improving soon. I love her so much but she can be soooooooo hard. She is head strong and demanding but also a lot of fun. We love to watch her with her dolls and stuffed animals. She is obsessed with Dora and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She still LOVES pink and wants a pink princess tent for Christmas.

Hunter will be 8 in March and his dream right now is to go to the Bon Jovi concert and give John Bon Jovi a high five. Too bad we don't make enough money for front row seats. He has been spending a lot of his free time writing rock songs. He has written about 10......including "Bad Water" and "True Love". He is really into it! He wants an electric guitar and has named his band "Brass Metal". He is looking for a drummer and someone who can play the keyboard if anyone is interested. He is still taking violin and wants to play football at the U or BYU depending on who is playing the best at the moment. LOL! He is extremely creative and artistic. I love my only boy!
This is my beautiful 10 year old that looks and acts like she is 13. She is doing a fabulous job keeping up in her all day gifted class this year. I am amazed by her many abilities. She is extremely talented on the piano and is playing the violin in her school orchestra. She is on the swim team but her favorite sport is softball. Just like Hunter, she is really artistic. She draws and writes really well. Savannah loves listening to her ipod and talks and acts WAY to old. She is a good girl and has lots of friends. I just really enjoy being with her and I hope she will keep wanting to spend time with me. This year we really had a good time going shopping for black Friday. She is a great shopping partner! I think she loves good deals just like her mom!

4 comments:

Kelsi said...

Great update sissy. You should keep updating your blog. I sure love your kids. I wish we could see them more and do things with them but it seems like every time we come up, its time to come back. Savannah looks so grown up in that picture. She is growing up way to fast. Love Mckenna's dark hairs :)

john + becky said...

You have the cutest kids!

Martha said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I love to see new pictures and read all about their activities and abilities. What a cute family you and Powell have Jess. Way to go!!! Looking forward to the blessing on Sunday.

Lori said...

Gorgeous, talented kids! Just like their mom!