Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break

 We had such a great trip to Las Vegas for Spring break.  It was the first time we had been on vacation with the six of us and let me tell you, it seemed like atleast 10 of us. I felt like a circus walking around. We needed a whole elevator with the stroller and the kid's! I can't imagine having even one more!
 This was our trip to the Hoover Dam. We rode down to the power plant and had a tour.
Mckenna was such a trooper during our travels. She loved riding in this backpack and had excellent views of everything we saw.

 The new bridge is incredible!
 This is outside the M & M store. It is really difficult to find pictures with both Hunter and I with our eyes open.....it's a real problem for both of us. I don't understand it....
We let each of the kids pick out some m & m's. Of course, Brinley had to have the pink.
 We decided to enjoy our m & m's with the taste testing at the Coke store. These are 16 drinks from around the world. It was really interesting to taste all of the varieties of soft drinks and some of them were not good.
 I loved this picture because you can see Hunter talking to Brinley as she is taking a drink!
We got to touch the sting rays at the "Shark Reef Aquarium" at the Mandalay Bay.
 On our way to Red Rock we stopped to see some wild burro's. We decided to feed them some apples. They came right up to our car. They had the ugliest teeth....ha ha!

 We went to the visitor center before we drove through the loop at Red Rock and we got to explore different parts of nature.
 We stayed at "Southpoint" and the hotel had a bowling alley. Brinley insisted on bowling every time by herself. We played two games and she did it every time alone, with a hop in her step!
What is Las Vegas without buffet? Here is Savannah with some concoction she came up with at the dessert bar. Can I just say, when I leave a buffet, I always remember why I HATE buffets and hope to never return.....ugg! 

Now who wants to watch my kids so I can have a vacation from my vacation? Anyone? Anyone?

5 comments:

Martha said...

It was so fun to see all the places you went in Vegas. Wow what an exciting time you must have had. I hadn't seen the new bridge. That Mckenna is such a cute little pup in the backpack. Amd Savannah, Hunts, and Brin were darling in all their pictures. I can see why Hunter didn't want to come home.

Kelsi said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Love all the picture. Mckenna's little head is so cute popping up out of the chair. I'm glad you got a couple pics with you and Hunter's eyes open LOL.... I wonder why that happens ha ha. Your kids are growing up way to fast!

Kelsi said...

Brin looks SO HAPPY with that M&M guy. So cute.

Dean and Rachel said...

HA HA HA...You are Hunter are NERDS! It's not that hard to keep them open LOL!!!
Pigtails huh? I bet Powell was LOVING IT:)
You have adorable kids. Looks like a blast!!!

Cristie Jensen said...

Wow! what a small world. We were just in Las Vegas this last first part of the week. We went to the Strip on Tuesday and to Red Rock on Monday. It was a lot of fun and the weather was good since it had a cool wind most of the time. We are now in Arizona.