| When Hunter was little he refused to take his life jacket off during swimming lessons. After he took 2 classes and didn't pass, we ended up hiring a private swim instructor. She was awesome and helped him get over a lot of fears. He also learned a lot from swimming in Uncle Brett's pool in California several times. Brett challenged him and he spent lots of days swimming so he really improved. This year I put him in group swimming lessons again and he did great. I was worried the last day when they were testing though because he couldn't find his goggles. I assumed we had left them at the pool the day before so I told him to just get in the car and we would find them in the lost and found at the pool. Well, we couldn't find them and Hunter was freaking out. I was watching from up above and he kept yelling....."mom I can't do it without my goggles. I can't do it! I can't swim without my goggles!" It brought back memories of him not being able to swim without his life jacket. I was like, you've got to be kidding.....you aren't going to pass because of your goggles! I kept telling him to go do the test. One time he swam across the pool and he yelled really loud, "Mom, I can't breathe without my goggles!" I guess this kid just gets really attached to things! Anyway, at the end, the instructor said, "I didn't know if he was going to make it without his goggles but he did it and HE PASSED!" Thank goodness! |
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Hunter and his swimming!
Here is Hunter this spring swimming in Uncle Brett and Aunt Nat's pool in California. We went for a really quick trip to take Grandma and to go to Aunt Nat's baby shower. It was so fun to be in the sun and for Hunter to practice his swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hurrah for Hunter. I guess that positive thinking of "I think I can" really works. He is such a great young man.
I am jealous. Wish I was in that pool! LOL the goggles story cracks me up! Love my Hunts.
Post a Comment