Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reflections

 This year I was over Reflections at Timpanogus Intermediate School. It was seriously such a huge project. I don't know that I would ever do it again. We had 125 people who submitted projects (thank goodness for my big empty basement). In the process of me being in charge of Reflections I encouraged Savannah and Hunter to participate. Hunter is at a different school and they told me he had the best understanding of the theme of any other student! We had several discussions about the theme because it was a really hard one. The theme was "Diversity Means...." Anyway, he won in the visual art category with the picture he did of "Diverse Musicians" He divided a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper into squares that have different kinds of musicians. He drew and colored a rapper, a country western singer, a heavy metal dude, a pop star etc. It was very clever, fit the theme, and was all about his first love.....MUSIC!

 

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Good Job Hunts!!! Sounds creative. Well I think we are all happy you are done with Reflections. Ha ha. Thanks for updating the blog. I love when you update it. I miss you guys.

By the way... there are lots of gems in Iowa. Guess you will never know until you come out again.

Dean and Rachel said...

He's so cute with his hair done....Such a handsome boy. WAY TO GO HUNTER!!!