Thursday, October 4, 2012

Brinley Turns 5!

 Brinley had a fabulous 5th birthday. She was really bummed that she couldn't have another party like last year but I promised her it would still be very special. She wanted lots of barbies for her birthday and that is what she got. Barbie dolls, Barbie movies, Barbie coloring books etc. Savannah never liked Barbies so it has been fun to watch how she plays with them. We were working some of the day on the Red house....painting so I was really pressed for time on the cake. I wanted to do a Barbie cake but I didn't really know what I was doing. I was seriously down to the last minute frosting it before everyone came for cake and ice cream. It was a little crooked but I think it turned out pretty good considering I was really winging it. I ended up needing more cake mixes that I realized. The only thing I didn't figure out is how to cut it without it tipping over!
The Barbie's body was inside a pink plastic tube so it didn't get ruined....kind of cool.
The finished product
Birthday girl in her dancing clothes posing with her cake
Don't worry.....this happened after we ate
Typical Brinley in the morning.....even on her birthday.
Lots of presents!
Melissa made this darling shirt but scrapbooking it and printing on special paper.
Back of the shirt
All you can eat french toast at Kneaders was incredible!
Special breakfast at Kneaders with mom and dad and then off to pre-school.

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Wow Jess I am impressed with the cake. That is awesome. I am laughing at her scowling in the morning- glad Smokey got in the photo. What a big girl she is. She looks so tall. I need to try Kneaders breakfast next time I come home. Happy Birthday B!

Martha said...

I, too, was impressed with the cake decorating skills that you have acquired. Brinley was so cute on her birthday.