Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mckenna turned 2!

I'm mourning that my last little one has turned two! It makes it even harder that she has been such a pleasure in her two short years. I will say that I'm seeing some "two year old" behaviors start to creep in but all I can do is laugh about it. The tantrums don't seem so bad when you know it's the last time you will have tantrums (lol, at least until she is 12 right?) Mckenna's personality has flourished in the past few months. She LOVES baby dolls and little girl things. She likes to dress up with jewelry and hair bows. She knows about make-up and combing her hair. I was worried that she wasn't really talking but she is saying EVERYTHING! She will repeat anything we say. The problem now is that you just can't understand it! At her 2 year old visit she was 24.6 lbs and in the 26 percentile. She was in the 53rd percentile for height. ....our smallest one yet! All I can say is that I'm in love with this girl. We are doing a Friday "Music Together" class so we have time alone. She is singing all the songs so well.....on pitch! She loves Elmo and watches Backyardagins with Brinley. In the playroom she likes the baby dolls and puzzles.
This girl LOVES cake and Ice Cream
She was confused about the "hot, hot, hot" candle
"Pretty" black shoes form Ga Ga
Brinley showing Mckenna her new Elmo panties!
Help from Ga Ga and Denise watching
New Elmo Potty book
Her expression when she sees her new Elmo coloring book is priceless
Still sucking her thumb....ugg
Hunter helping her with the care bear toothbrush that cee cee gave her
Mckenna would have been happy with just the m'ms....aren't kids funny?
New bunny slippers
So glad that daddy was home for her special day. She is such a daddy's girl.
You can tell by her mouth that she is saying "La, la". That is what she calls Elmo because he sings that song....la, la la la.
What a great birthday. She said "Happy Birday Kenna" to herself all day long and for days afterwards.
New baby princess Belle that Brinley picked out

3 comments:

Martha said...

Was such a fun party. The best part was watching Mckenna open her gifts and be so excited about us singing to her and the cake and ice cream. She was just so cute singing "Happy Birthday" to herself.

Kelsi said...

Oh Jess she is so damn cute. I love her. Tom didn't talk until he was 2 so I am assuming Charli will be the same. I don't think it matters. I loved seeing all that she got and her cute facial expressions. She is so sweet. Those shoes mom got her are SO cute and those slippers I love! Where did you get them? I want to get some for Charli because she is obsessed with wearing shoes in the house. Happy Bday M!!!

brett said...

I can't believe your baby is 2 either! And Dalton is a MONSTER compared to her. I just took him to the doctor a few days ago and he weighs 26 lbs. YIKES
Happy Birthday McKenna