Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fifteenth Anniversary

We had big plans to go somewhere exotic for our fifteenth anniversary but bills, firework burn, er visits etc. some how got in the way. I can't complain because we have had some great trips over the years. More than anything I just wanted some time away with my man. I really didn't think we were doing anything at all until Powell surprised me with a two night stay in Park City. We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch in Deer Valley. It is a European hotel that reminds me of the Blue Boar Inn or the Zermatt. We got a deal that was $279 and included two nights, breakfast both mornings, and one hundred dollars to use in their restaurant.
We started out by going out to Strawberry to shoot Powell's guns. I wasn't very excited about it but I knew he was so I went along with it. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
I'm not a bad shot.....just not great. I blame it on my blindness....Powell doesn't buy it.

A little friendly competition that Powell won.
We stopped at the Summit Lodge where we spent out honeymoon to get some treats.
This is our room at the Goldener Hirsch. It was really big and I'm standing next to the TV which also had a DVD player. There was another TV on the wall by our bed with a DVD player.
Look at all the fun decor in the hallway?
Anniversary Tradition = Coffee Haagen-Daas
So I'm not a huge sushi fan but this was seriously so good. We both woke up the next morning wanting to go back. Since it is the off season they do 50% off Sushi everyday!

This is kind of a weird picture this guy took at the restaurant in the Goldener Hirsch. I really wanted to take some pictures of our Schnitzel but it was kind of busy and I thought it might be a little tacky in such a nice place.

3 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

Looks really nice....why do you seem extra short in the shooting pic next to Powell? Maybe it's the hill hahaha....So glad you got a way for a few nights!!!

Kelsi said...

Good Job sis- glad to see you with a gun. I love shooting. That place looks REALLY nice. I bet it was so nice to get away. I didn't know you like coffee flavor.

Martha said...

Impossible to think you've been married for 15 years. Looks like it was a very nice place to stay along with all that good food. Sushi looks so yummy. I'd like to try it sometime.