Friday, November 1, 2013

TIS 5th Grade Talent Show.

I am always impressed by the way the counselors, principals, and teachers use positive reinforcement with kids in school. During the first half of the first term at Hunter's school, they told the kids if they didn't have any missing assignments they could use 15 of their mustang bucks (they earn these with good behavior, being kind, not bullying, being on task etc.) to attend a talent show. They had try outs ahead of time so they wouldn't have too many numbers. They had such an amazing diversity of talent. I wasn't surprised when Hunter said he wanted to try out and I wasn't surprised when he was chosen. He played and sang "Dead or Alive" like he did for the talent show in the summer. He wanted to do something different but there just wasn't enough time for him to prepare something new.
So confident in front of his peers.
Seth Heaton showing his karate moves

This kid was so great with the yo-yo. He said he practices an hour a day!
"I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mes.
Such a great actress and singer!
Hurray for my piano student Gracie who wrote, sang and played for us....she just might be the next Taylor Swift!

Taylor Dummar combined soccer moves with singing.
The counselor and Mr. Murdock were the MC's and they were lots of fun.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I couldn't believe the incredible talent with such young kids. It was an awesome talent show and as always Hunter did not disappoint. He rocks!!

Dean and Rachel said...

Dang, wish I would have made it!!!

Kelsi said...

That is so fun. Wish I could have been there to see it!