This little girl is so PLEASANT most of the time. We are enjoying her so much and sad that she is growing up way too fast. Mckenna loves life and gets excited about everything we are doing. She takes a Music Together class with me every Friday. She tells people, "I'm going to music class with my mom. Not Savannah, not Hunter, not Brinley, JUST me and my mom!" I'm so happy we have that one day that we do something special. She has a great voice and isn't afraid to sing out in front of everyone in her class. She is really good at pitch matching as well.
Mckenna takes such good care of all of her baby dolls. She talks to them, dresses them, and feeds them. The other day she even asked one of her dolls if she wanted some "diet coke". Made me laugh. I love that she is so nurturing. She still lets Powell and I give her lots of hugs and kisses and she will cuddle with us. She loves her Grandma and her Cee Cee (Denise). She also gives them lots of loves.
I love how good natured Mckenna is. She has had very few tantrums and when she does they are so short. We have always taken her grocery shopping, on dates with us, to various stores, to ball games etc. and she is just EASY. As child number four it makes it really easy on us. She did have a hard time going to nursery at first but now she LOVES it. She gets sad if we ever have to miss church. I can't believe she will be a sunbeam in January.
Mckenna and Brinley are pretty good friends. Mckenna tries to do whatever Brinley is doing. They have a great time in the playroom together. They are both very "girly" and love dressing up as princesses. We also attend a little playgroup with a few kids in our ward. She looks forward to that and especially loves Will, Emmy and Lizzie. We were in charge of playgroup the week of her birthday so we had some "birthday fun". Mckenna was so excited to have all the attention.
When I think about what Mckenna's days are like sometimes I feel bad that she gets dragged in so many directions. It's the joy of being the last child I guess. We do try to read books together every day and we are working on her letters. She loves to watch Dora the Explorer and she still likes Elmo. She is an ok eater. For breakfast she prefers cold cereal and water to drink. She loves a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and doesn't like mac and cheese. She is an average eater at dinner. We have to usually bribe her with dessert to get her to try everything. She is our smallest. She weighs about 27 lbs. and was on the 25th percentile for weight. She is just over 36 inches tall (50 percentile for height). I never thought I'd get this little girl here with my difficult pregnancy but I would do it all over again. She has been such a sweet reward. We love you little M!
 |
| We hosted Playgroup the week of her birthday. We talked about numbers and birthdays and then had a little "party" for our snack time. Our friends are Will, Emmy, and Lizzie. |
 |
| Our friend Emmy |
 |
| Our friend Will |
 |
| Mckenna got two umbrellas for her birthday. One was a frog and the other was hello kitty. |
 |
| Little bed head girl opening her presents. |
 |
| Mckenna got a princess dress, a crown and some wings for her birthday. |
 |
| Taking care of her new baby doll. |
 |
| We went bowling and had her favorite food at the bowling alley for lunch. She loves their foot long and fries. |
 |
| Nothing like a princess who is bowling. She never gets bored with bowling. It's so funny how much she loves it! |
 |
| We even let Brinley stay home from school on Mckenna's Birthday. |
 |
| Cee Cee came to eat with us and watch us bowl. Grandpa came too. |
 |
| Mckenna wanted a strawberry shortcake cake and a princess birthday. Whatever works right? So we had princess plates and napkins and this was the cake. |
 |
| She blew out the candle before we even sang! |
 |
| Oh man, I love this girl |
5 comments:
Grandma loves her too. What a sweet little face she has. She makes everyone feel good. I would like to freeze this age because she makes Grandpa and I so happy.
I was just looking at the pictures again and that picture of Mckenna putting the binky in the doll's mouth is priceless. Love it.
I was just looking at the pictures again and that picture of Mckenna putting the binky in the doll's mouth is priceless. Love it.
She really is such a doll. She is the PERFECT last child, and you totally deserve her after your pregnancy!!! LOVE YOU M!!!
She is such a princess in that princess dress I love it! She is so cute. Last the best of all the game!!! He he he. Can't wait for her to come out and spend some time with Charli!
Post a Comment