One thing we try to do when planning our trips is to just choose a few excursions and to have days with nothing planned. That way we can just do what we feel like doing.....relax, eat, sleep in etc. There were SO MANY things to choose from in Costa Rica as far as excursions. Zip lining was something Powell and I have never done. We thought this would be the perfect place with the gorgeous canopy. I'm so glad we did it! Once again, the tour company came to get us at our hotel. It was called MidWorld. They took us on a 30 minute ride through the palm oil plantations and through a tiny town to the zip line area. It was really well done as far as safety, organization, and cleanliness. We heard a man from Wyoming owns the company and a lady from the branch thought he was a member of the LDS church.
| We had to get out of the shuttle so they could drive across the homemade bridge. |
| Our safety orientation |
| Getting hooked up to all my gear. I was nervous since I'm really scared of heights |
| Ready to go! |
| Once our gear was on we crammed into this truck to ride into the jungle. |
| Super fun! Look how green everything is. |
| Powell loves it! |
| Our group. The other people were from New Jersey, Houston and Chicago. |
| The worst part for me was right here before they push you. This platform was built around a tree 100 feet up in the air. We were always hooked on to either the zip line or the tree but still! |
| It was supposed to include rappelling. It was super fun. Nothing spectacular but it was my first time so it was fine for me. We got to rappel twice. |
| I think he liked it! |
| They fed us a super good Costa Rican lunch. |
| Once we got back to Tulemar we relaxed and watched the monkeys. Powell put some bananas out on our balcony the spider monkeys came to eat. They are really cute. They were my favorite monkeys. |
| Loving the banana |
| Look at what Powell rigged on our railing......nerd. |
| I stayed inside because they were a little too friendly for me. Look at the Go-Pro on the ground. Ha Ha. Powell had fun with that thing. |
2 comments:
So glad you did zip-lining. Looks SO FUN! So great that they pick you up at your hotel
Tarzan and Jane.....Loved the greenery and the feeling of being in the trees with you just from looking at the pics. I'm glad you did the zipline. I'm glad Powell was a nerd rigging up everything to get the best pictures.
Post a Comment