Thursday, October 23, 2014

Little Mckenna turns 4!

Don't get me started on my baby turning 4.....I hate it. But I guess I will just have to deal with it. She was so cute to get up early and open her presents before Hunter and Brin went to school. We had a fun day getting ready for her "Stuffed Animal" Birthday Party. She loves to "Make" with me. She helped me "make" the cupcakes for her party and her and Brinley decorated the house with stuffed animals. They even put a few outside in the trees. It was such a fun party. We were so glad Hansen and Kolton were able to come. And a big thanks to Cee Cee who even came in her p.j.'s!
Sleepy head ready to open her presents

She has her own whisk she uses when we cook.

She wanted her cupcakes to look like Brinley's cupcakes.
I loved their decorating! Who knew we had so many stuffed animals. It's because they won't ever let me throw any of them away or give them away. They really do play with most of them though!
We had a little obstacle course that they did with their favorite stuffed animal.
We played the game where you play music and when the music stops, you unwrap one layer of the gift. 
Kacen won the prize. He unwrapped a stuffed animal puppy.
We read two stories about stuffed animals. Look at Kolton in the orange shirt! He is just one of the big kids now.
We went on a search for animals in the basement. They were just little plastic animals from the dollar store. They each got to keep two.
Dinner was pizza. This cute little red head is our neighbor, Will.
We had a treasure hunt with clues. 
Ha Ha, I love watching them run.
The treasure was a mini pillow pet I got for each child. I was able to get them on clearance for $1.99 so I was super excited.
I like how excited the giver of the gift gets when they are this age.

Kacen, Lizzie and Avery. Avery is Melica's grand daughter and her birthday was the same day as Mckennas.
Last but not least was the pinata. 

Such a fun party!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Sure is fun to see everything that you did for the party. I know how much work you go to do make it so nice. I hate to see McKenna growing up. She is such a little dollface. I could eat her up. Such a great idea to have a stuffed animal party.

Kelsi said...

What an adorable party sis! Looks so fun. I am so sad Charli couldn't be there with her best buddy. Hmmm maybe aunt kels gave the idea for the obstacle course. After everyone made fun of me for doing it. I love all of the little detailed animal stuff and especially the stairs decorated!

Dean and Rachel said...

Can't believe she's 4! She's so cute in those glasses. So glad we were able to make it to the party. So much fun!