Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Spring Break Part 2

It was so nice to have Kelsi come from Des Moines for the day. It was also nice to have an extra car so we could go see some things. It was a chilly day but we still ventured over to the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center. It was really small....you pretty just walk down a hallway and that is it. ha ha. But the bridge was super cool. It crosses the Missouri river and it is also the state line. So when you are in the middle of the bridge, you can have one foot in Omaha, Nebraska and one foot in Council Bluffs, Iowa.




I love that Brinley is loving' on her animal skin. She is such an animal girl....dead or alive.
 


 I love to try new "good eats" and trip advisor is my guide. So when I saw the great reviews for Lisa's Radial Cafe, I thought we should give it a go. Besides, we had some problems finding Chick-fil-a. Anyway, it was an old locals place that had the best breakfast. I LOVED my food and I think everyone else did too.



Pork Carnitas Breakfast Skillet (and my smile is weird) 
 After eating, we went to see the Winter Quarters temple and visitor center. It is always humbling to read about the pioneers and all that they went through.



This is the Sister Missionary that gave us the tour. 




We found some relatives. There was a Shumway too but I guess I didn't get a picture.

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Wahoo. So glad we had that trip together and it ended up being really fun.

Martha said...

What a fun time to share with each other. Loved looking at the awesome breakfasts. The kids are sure cute all dressed up. Winter Quarters is a great place to go to teach your children about those who came before us and blazed the trail.