Sometimes you just want to go somewhere for Spring Break. And you'll just go anywhere because you just want to go somewhere. So that is what happened this year for Spring Break. I just really wanted to go somewhere and the flights were full everywhere warm, everywhere exciting, everywhere tropical so we went to OMAHA, NEBRASKA. Wahaaaaaaa. And you know what, we loved it. I've learned that there are fun things to see and do just about any place you go. Omaha was an easy, short flight and the crew hotel gave us a good deal. So why not? And to our great surprise, Omaha has one of the BEST ZOOS in the world. Yes, the world. The Omaha Zoo was totally worth going to. In fact, I think we might even go back again some year.
 |
| Thanks to tripadvisor, we found a fabulous Chicago Pizza Parlor. |
 |
| It was chilly while we were in Omaha. We walked to the pizza place and I was chilled. I borrowed Brinley's coat to keep me warm. |
 |
| I found Mckenna sitting like this in the lobby of the hotel. Ha Ha. I guess she wanted to pose for a picture. |
|
|
The front desk/shuttle drivers were really cool about driving us places. It made it nice because we didn't have to rent a car the first few days. They told us about a really great place to eat that was next to the zoo called, King Kong. We thought we'd just have them drop us off at King Kong, we could eat lunch and then walk over to the zoo. Let me just say, we will not be going back to King Kong. It was really old, overpriced, and it had dusty stuffed monkeys and gorillas hanging from the ceiling. Here is what it looked like on the outside.
So the zoo had a lot of exhibits that were inside. One of our favorite buildings was the Desert Dome. It was just nice because it was pretty cold and we could still enjoy a lot of animals that were inside. Everything was state of the art and really clean.
 |
| Mckenna Loved looking at the map while navigating the zoo. She was so cute keeping track of where we were and where we were going. |
 |
| The monkey area was huge. There were lots of things to climb on. The monkeys were all around you. I felt like I was back in Costa Rica. |
 |
| The windows to watch the lions were huge. We felt like they were so close we could almost touch them. |
 |
| So there were these cool window things the kids could climb in to see the gorillas. Powell and I were on the other side looking through a different window. |
So the last building we discovered right before closing was the aquarium. It was actually really cool. We stayed right until closing and we could have stayed even longer.
3 comments:
Wow those are some amazing pictures especially the lion with his mouth open. See - when you take on an adventure you normally wouldn't choose, look how much fun you had. Love all the pictures of everyone.
Totally laughing you ended up in Omaha but it's so nice you can fly for free so ya who care! It looks like a great trip. Cracking up at KING KONG LOL! Love the zoo pics!!!
I told you the zoo is amazing! So glad you went. Wasn't I the main reason for going to Omaha? I thought it was but now my feelings are hurt. ha ha. King Kong makes me sick.
Post a Comment