I never ever ever thought I'd have any kind of indoor pet in my home. But when Savannah was 5 and her and Powell had ganged up on me long enough, I broke down and we got our cat Smokey. He is a short hair Burmese and has been a great pet overall. The biggest problem with Smokey is that we have family and friends who are allergic to him. I want my family to be able to come and visit and stay over without having horrible allergies. Anyway, Smokey has cancer so we started our hunt for a new pet. Pets really help Savannah and Brinley with anxiety. They are soothing to them. Brinley has also been sleeping with Smokey for a few years now. Well, I never would have guessed that a Standard Poodle was in our cards....but MEET JETT! After lots of research on allergies and dogs, we decided a poodle would be the best bet. They have hair that needs groomed but don't have the shedding problem of so many animals. Hopefully (I'm crossing my fingers) no one will be allergic to him. I won't say it has been without a few hiccups training a new puppy but he's turned out to be a good pet already. The kids LOVE HIM. He has a cute personality and is super smart.
2 comments:
Oh that Jett.....can't help but like him.
Go ahead and say it... I'm the biggest problem with the cat and allergies. Sorry :( I am excited to meet Jett. I love dogs.
Post a Comment