Let me just tell you......Maui was MARVELOUS! I've been home one day and I'm already trying to figure out when I can go back. I was soooooo nervous about leaving the kids and they did great. I had three different babysitters. A big thanks goes to my sister Rachel and her husband Dean who stayed for 4 of the days. Dean even held down the fort while Rachel went into work one day in Salt Lake (what a guy!). I also had help from many other friends that I owe big time! My poor mom couldn't help because she had surgery.....sorry I didn't stay home to take care of ya mom! I could go on forever about our trip but I don't want to be obnoxious (I think I already have) so I'll post pictures of the "HIGHLIGHTS" of our trip.


We drove the road to Hana and saw many waterfalls, hiked through a bamboo forest, swam at the black sand beach, etc. It took all day and was quite an adventure. This was the highlight of that day.....swimming and hiking around "seven sacred pools".

This is the beach right in front of our condo. This is 3 hours before our flight. I had to get every last bit of Hawaii possible before we left.

I'm in the "relaxation room" in my robe waiting for our massages. This room is open to the ocean. We stayed in a condo to save money but I surprised Powell by booking a couples massage at the Hyatt for our anniversary. It was his first massage ever. He says it will be the first of many. I should have never got him started!

Snorkeling.....we had two good days of it and saw sea turtles both days and lots of different kids of fish. Powell took this great picture under water.

These are macadamia nut pancakes with the best sweet cream on top. We covered them with coconut syrup. Oh my gosh they were soooooo yummy!

Can't do Hawaii without a convertible.

We drove down the side of a steep mountain on a one lane road in search of "The best banana bread on the planet". It was a town of 30 families that lived in the north part of the island. Several families make their living by selling homemade banana bread, coconut candy, and fresh fruit.

Here is Powell holding a loaf of "Julie's Famous Banana Bread"

This is Wailea. We wanted to stay here but couldn't find a room in any resort for under $450 a night. Crazy! Powell lived in the condo's on the far right when he was in 6th grade. It was his first time back.
10 comments:
I am pretty sure we stayed in Wailea. Jess I want to go back to Hawaii so bad. I love it there!! Looks like you had so much fun and I can't wait to see all the pics of it when I come home. Love the seven sacred falls. Ya I went to the top one on that picture you were right. Love the sea turtle and the convertible.
I'm SO SO SO jealous...can't wait to see all the pictures!
How fun it that! I love all the pictures...the first one with you in the water reminded me of Adam and Eve in the garden, funny huh? I'm glad you had such a fun time, you deserve it! Happy Anniversary!
I LOVE Hawaii! Alan and I went to Maui on our honeymoon. It is so amazing. Looks like you had a blast! I'm so glad you guys could take that trip. Happy anniversary!
Looks beautiful! Wish we could have been there, but we had tons of fun with the kids.
More pictures, please!! I am referring Brett to this post so that he can start planning our 15th anniversary trip there. So gorgeous!!! I'm glad you had a great time and that the kids were well taken care of. Congratulations on 10 years of bliss!
Lucky! I am glad you had a great time. How many years have you guys been married?
It looks like you guys had a great time. The scenery is gorgeous and check out that convertible. I feel more relaxed just looking at those pictures. Now if I could just get Adam to take me there...hmmm. Congrats on 10 years together!
I am coming home this weekend. I cant wait to see more pics of Maui and see your kids. Its been awhile. You should post some pics of the kiddies so I can see what they have been up to.
So jealous! What a wonderful trip!!! Our family went 2 yrs ago and we all fell in LOVE with Maui! Great for you two to get in a much needed romantic getaway!
Post a Comment