Sunday, November 2, 2008

Has anybody seen Indiana Jones?

Halloween was a little more eventful this year because Hunter got lost! We were with a group of friends, which made it hard for me to notice that one kid was missing. Of course, this happened when it was dark also. Anyway, my friend Karen said, "where is Hunter?" We all started looking around and got all the kids together. They said they remembered seeing him a few houses back. We started yelling and looking. My friend Lauren told me to stay with the kids and with Brinley and she ran around the neighborhood we were in. My friend Melissa jumped in her car to look. A group of ladies walked past and said, there was an Indiana Jones down that way by himself.

So here is Hunter's story.......
I was trick-0r-treating and I got a piece of candy at a door and I thought I saw a lady with a stroller that was my mom. I started following that group. When I got closer, it wasn't my mom so I just kept going on that street. I had 3 ways I could choose and I didn't know what way to choose. Then I saw my old pre-school teacher and she wanted me to come with her to find my mom. I told her I haven't seen her for a long time so now she is a stranger. Then I saw a teacher from my school, Mr. Ailshie, so I started trick-or-treating with him. I got a few more pieces of candy and then Melissa came in her car and found me!

I asked Hunter, "what were you thinking, were you freaked out?" He said, "I just thought to myself, I guess I am really LOST!" I asked him how he was going to find his way back and he said he didn't know!

While I was sitting with the kids waiting, they were sitting on the sidewalk talking. Savannah said, "Mom are we going to find Hunter, I'm really scared." I said, "Yes, I think we will find him". Then Hannah said, "I guess if we don't find him then you are back to having 2 kids like you had before." Savannah then said, "All we can do is pray." Then Jason, Claire, Ben, Savannah, Hannah, Jake, Tanner etc. all bowed their heads and said their own prayer for Hunter to be found. It was a good experience and I must say I'm proud of myself because I didn't lose it! I stayed calm and practiced all my "techniques" I've learned over the years!

MATCHING WITCHES AND A STINKY SKUNK

8 comments:

Kelsi said...

That is so funny. Hunter cracks me up. The lost Indiana Jones. Cute pictures. I love the matching witches. The skunk is my favorite.

Dean and Rachel said...

Hunter is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing last night. I love the witches! Great costumes. Brinley is adorable as always

Sarah said...

Wow! What a scary story for a Halloween. I love your costumes and I love that little skunk!

Brynnly and Alan said...

I love love love Brinley's costume. It is too cute! Very creative!

The Wilsons said...

Your kids looked so cute in their costumes and what a great mom to dress up too! Hunter W. thought it was very cool that Hunter H. was Indiana Jones. These boys keep us on our toes, eh?

Lori said...

You've inspired me.... I vow to dress up next year. Maybe I can even get one of my girls to match me... how cute. So glad you found Hunter. I could feel my own heart beating faster just reading about it. That is so scary....! But it happens to us all...to me, quite a lot actually. hahahaha.

Natalie said...

So glad you found Hunter! I had that feeling of not knowing where they are.
Love the costumes. That is so good that you dressed up to. The girls begged both of us and we were big party poopers-maybe next year!

Heather said...

I'm so happy that you're not back down to 2 kids like before. LOL.

I still can't believe that he thought Miss Chez was a stranger! What a crack up!