We started with 6 secret missions to help them become soldiers. The missions were: 12 jumping jacks, throwing water grenades off Hunter's balcony on to the tarp on the ground, figuring out a secret code, saying the pledge of allegiance, a paper airplane toss and spraying the soldiers with water. Once they finished their missions they earned their helmet, dog tags, bicep bands and face paint. Our other games were: wrap the wounded soldier, an obstacle course outside, put the tank on the map (blind folded), and shooting a real air gun at a target. We enjoyed hot dogs, chips and veggies for dinner and while the boys were waiting for their food they made cards for a soldier in Iraq. They opened presents and had caramel brownies and ice cream for dessert. While the soldiers were waiting for their parents to pick them up they ran the obstacle course a few more times. It was a fabulous day!
Hunter came down and slept with me at 10:30 pm and told me how sad he was that his day was over. He was seriously bummed out. He said, "Mom, there are going to be lots of great memories". He is tender and I even saw a tear. That is the only thanks I needed......it made the work all worth it!
4 comments:
Wow.... sounds like a hit. Sorry I missed it. Looks like the boys had a blast. A perfect party for boys! Love that cupcake. Good job denise!
That was a fabulous party. I'm sure Hunter will always remember his 7th birthday. He does have a tender heart. Sure love him.
I need to do this! What do I need to get? I am so excited.... Thanks for the link and the idea's.
Jenny
Love the first pic. It was a great party!
Post a Comment