Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Heart Wreath

It's been a while since I have made a "craft". I have refinished furniture and painted bedrooms but I really haven't made anything in a long time. I enjoy it but with my life right now there has to be a few parameters. First, it can't be super time consuming. I don't want to start something and have to keep seeing my mess for days on end. I'm also not a very patient person. Second, it needs to be cheap. Quite honestly, if I can buy it for the same price or even a little more, that might be the route I take these days. Last, it can't be complicated and it can't involve sewing. Let's face it, I've always been an airhead and I don't need any more stress in my life than I already have. So.....duh duh da duh....here is my valentine heart craft and I quite like it!
Put this bad boy on my front door
In case you care, I used felt...cheap pink and hot pink felt from Hobby Lobby. I bought 1 yard of each...which was too much but I want to make something else with it. It came to around $8 for the 2 yards.  I was going to do a solid color but I had a kindergarten girl helping me named Brinley. And of course, she wanted to do a "pattern" so we did 10 hot pink squares and then 3 light pink and so on. I cut the squares to about 2 inch by 2 inch. I was sloppy and in a hurry so really the sizes weren't all the same and I was fine with it because I wanted it to have a messy look when it was put together. I used my small hole punch and punched a hole in the middle. Then we strung them on an old wire hanger I bent into a heart. Easy Easy and my little helpers could join in the fun.
I had a link on how to make flowers out of felt but then I found these flowers already ready to go at Hobby Lobby. They were 1.99 for four so that seemed like a better way to go.
 I got this idea from a girl on pinterest who made a heart wreath that was very similar. She actually used a red wool coat she bought at the D.I and cut it up.....clever!

2 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

Really cute!

Kelsi said...

I love this idea! I never thought to use felt like that. i will have to try making one. Excited to see it when I come home.