Monday, July 21, 2014

Fourth of July Remund Reunion

It's been YEARS since the Remunds have been together. Uncle Harold organized a 3 day reunion over the 4th of July. It was so wonderful to see everyone again. 


Liz lives in Minneapolis.
Jennifer is back from Malaysia and lives in California now.
Dad's favorite and only sis.
Richard and Paul
Ria was always giving us a little karaoke.....mostly the songs from Frozen.

We saw fireworks in North Salt Lake on the 3rd and fireworks off Memorial Hill on the 4th.
I was so glad my kids got to know their long lost cousins!
It was hot so we were glad Harold and Vickie had a pool in their backyard.
The little ones had fun jumping off the tramp and into the pool.
Here is the 13 year old princess! 
Harold set up canopys and tables in his side yard so we could eat together.
We went on a hayride to see Midway, feed the ducks, look at the Dutch fields where we used to have hay.
Harold gave us the tour. 

There was a small tractor show already going on at the town square.

We had a tour of the creamery at Grant Kohler's place. We also enjoyed delicious aggie ice cream.
For some reason I was one of the only adults in the pool. It was hot though so I needed to cool off! 
Richard put together all of the home movies starting from when Paul was a baby. It was a blast to see the footage. There were some great videos of all the cousins from the 80's as well.
We had some great meals. Richard made spicy chile verde for breakfast. We had burritos with the pork and it was so good.
Here is the chile verde.
One of the activities was to make our own rockets out of two liter bottles and then shoot them off. It was tons of fun and it also got us wet.
Camari was a big help with the rockets. Don't you love her wild pants?
Hansen and Brin are always best friends.
This is where Grandma and Grandpa are buried in the Midway Cemetary.
Dean was a big help with cooking.
The hero behind all of it! Uncle Harold
Mckenna got to meet Liam. They both sucked their thumbs together when they got tired.
It was so great to have Natalie, Ben, Jude and Liam stay at my house.
Brinley's new favorite friend/cousin is Brooklyn.
The last night we had the chicken that Grandpa used to make.
I was in charge of making the green slush Grandma used to make for us. Of course, no one could find the recipe so I was slaving over it, adding more pineapple juice, more kool-aid, more water etc. for two days. It wasn't perfect but it was close!
Hadn't seen Robbie in about 6 years. It was great to see him.

It's really green...huh?
I guess Powell took a picture of me driving mom and dad's car with the table hanging out of it. Ha Ha. I was in a hurry so I just held it with one arm while I drove. 
Just like the olden days. We had the grilled chicken, dutch oven potatoes, corn and garlic bread. We washed it down with green slush mixed with Sprite.

3 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

Oh good....you have some pics I didn't get! So glad we got together with the Remund Clan

Kelsi said...

Looks so fun. So sad I couldn't be there. So many cute pics! Laughing at the table hanging out the car!

Martha said...

Loved all the pictues of the Remunds. Yes, the table hanging out of the car is a classic for our family. It was important that we had this time together. Love the picture of Liam and McKenna sitting together.