Kurt and Susie asked us if there was anytime during January that we could come down to California for Ben's Baptism. We had a three day weekend the 3rd week of January so they were able to schedule Ben's baptism on that Saturday. It was so NICE to be able to go to the baptism and to enjoy some California weather for a few days. We took Carolyn with us and it was a little tricky flying stand by. I ended up flying with the girls into LAX and renting a car and driving during major rush hour traffic to Woodland Hills. Powell and his mom flew into Burbank and Susie picked them up from the airport (did I tell you that I always get the shaft?). I was actually pretty proud of myself making it to Woodland Hills on my own. My battery almost died on my phone but I made it just in time. It took 1 hour to rent the car and 2 1/2 hours to drive. The girls were so hungry and ornery by the time we made it!
| Here is their church in Woodland Hills. I thought it was so interesting looking. |
| The girls were so excited to pack their summer sandals. |
| I love these two girls SO much. |
| Powell's brother, Kurt and Ben. |
| Kurt and Susie have three boys, Jacob, Nick and Ben. James lives in LA so he was able to come as well. |
| We ate at the Cheesecake Factory after the baptism. It was soooooo yummy. |
| This little girl LOVED her pizza. |
| After church on Sunday we went to the park. |
| There were tons of squirrels |
| There were all kinds of hippies walking on slack lines. |
| We rode up to the Getty Center to look at the Hollywood Sign and to walk through the museum. It was a smoggy day but it was still beautiful. |
| I loved the Getty Center. A lot of the displays were for older kids but the little ones still had fun. |

3 comments:
You guys are so supportive. I didn't know you had driven bravely by yourself with the kids from the airport. Good for you Jess!!I know they appreciated you being there. It was nice Carolyn could go too.
So nice of you guys to fly out of it....looks like a great trip. I also LOVE Mexican food...My fav for sure. You look really cute in your church outfit and really skinny!
You guys are so nice to go out and support! Looks like a good trip!
Post a Comment