The holidays were a little rough for me this year. I went in the week before Christmas to have my regular mole check. I've had many moles removed and quite often they come back as precancerous. They tell me to come back every 6 months and that I should be glad they took off that particular mole. Well, I get annoyed going in so often, so I have been going more like once a year, the past three years. To my surprise, this time the mole that was removed was MELANOMA! They called me the Monday before Christmas and told me to come back in so they take more tissue out. I didn't know that they were going to take such a big chunk out of my leg. So I got to enjoy 28 stitches and a really sore leg for the holidays. A few days after that, I got sick suddenly. I don't remember ever being so sick. Even though I got a flu shot, I was one of the lucky ones who got INFLUENZA. I was down flat in bed for days with a fever, horrible cough, bruised ribs, etc. I also got an ear infection and a sinus infection along with the influenza. I spent a lot of time in bed watching movies, playing candy crush on my phone and reading!



3 comments:
The melanoma and flu were certainly unwelcome quests for Christmas. We felt so bad that you had to go through that for Christmas.
Such bad luck. I think when it rains it pours... Can't believe how many stitches! That was nice of mom and dad to send flowers!
I'm just glad they caught it early! So scary, but so glad they got it out
Post a Comment