Saturday, March 10, 2012

Science Fair

Hypothesis:
Urban Legend has it that Coca Cola will dissolve a steel nail within 14 days.
     My hypothesis is that Coke will dissolve a steel nail within this time because of the high sugar content in the drink.
   Because Diet Coke does not contain any sugar, I am also hypothesizing that it will not dissolve a steel nail.





Conclusion:
I concluded that my hypothesis was wrong and so was the urban legend.  I hypothesize that maybe the sugar was preventing the nail in the Coke to not to dissolve.  I assume the sugar was coating the nail and making it harder to rust.  The Diet Coke nail didn’t rust very much, but it rusted more than the nail in the Coke. I’ve conclude that a nail will take longer than 14 days to dissolve.  

Savannah did a great job but didn't get chosen to go to BYU this year so she was really bummed. I'm just so proud of her and her love of Science. Her teacher didn't require her to do a project but she still CHOSE to do one.....amazing! I would never do that!

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

Good Job Savannah! You are so creative. I def wouldn't have done a project if I didn't have to. She is so cute and grown up!

Martha said...

Awesome Savannah. So glad you did that project. You are a winner in my eyes.