Saturday, March 10, 2012

Valentines

I love to be creative and to make things but don't always have the time. Anyway, Hunter wanted to make something musical for his Valentine box so I thought a guitar would be fun. It wasn't hard....we used foam board from Walmart and taped a box behind for the Valentines to go into. He then decorated the from of it! Savannah wanted to make some kind of funny monster so we used things we already had around the house to create hers. We used the leftover foam board from Hunter to make the teeth, a leftover tissue paper flower for the hair and pom poms for the eyes. The tongue was just colored paper and we wrote her name on it. I'm kind of sad it's Savannahs last year to do a valentine box!

Valentine breakfast!

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

Love the creativity going on in this house! Cutest ideas for the boxes. What is for breakfast? Is that a heart pancake smothered with strawberry jam? Looks like a cute V-day.

Kelsi said...

LOL I am so dumb. I clicked on the picture and saw the syrup. Love that you used food coloring.

Martha said...

I am impressed Jess. Such cute valentine boxes. Isn't it fun to do special things on the holidays for the kids? They will always remember them as special days.