I have sooooo many pictures I want to post to show our trip to Hawaii so I decided to just start from the beginning of our trip and I will divide it up in 3 or 4 posts. We had such a great trip. We did have quite a bit of rain the first 2 days but after that the weather was perfect. The kids have never really been to a warm sandy beach where they could play in the ocean. They were die hards! They wanted to be out in the ocean and the sun all day every day.
 |
| First day getting ready to board the plane to LAX. All of our flights were wide open so we are thinking that May is the time to fly stand-by to Hawaii! |
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| So I'm obsessed with this word game on my Nook that is called "Word Wars". It is just like boggle. I could play and did play for hours on the plane! |
 |
| I told the kids that I would let them have a few caffeinated drinks on the trip (they aren't allowed to have caffeine, other than when Grandpa Remund buys it for them and I don't know). Anyway, without even asking us first, they ordered coke from the flight attendant the first chance they got....totally cracked me up. On the way home Hunter even asked the flight attendant if she had any limes to put in his drink.....haha. |
 |
| We stayed in LAX the first night so we could catch the first flight out the next morning. We stayed at this really weird hotel that Powell got a deal for. It was really modern and the beds were down close to the floor. It's kind of fun to stay somewhere different I guess. It was a hotel where some of his crews stay so we got a really good deal and free shuttle to the airport. |
 |
| We went for pizza in LA near our hotel. It was super good. |
 |
| Big and delicious! |
 |
| Our dessert was individual ice cream from the grocery store. You can see how the room is kind of funky. There were weird lights in the window. |
 |
| This is the welcome sign where we checked into our condo at the Valley Isle Resort in Kahana. It is in West Maui just North of Kaanapali. The kids were freaking out that under our name it listed the Henkes! They said.....maybe they are really coming.....wouldn't that be so fun. They wanted us to call them and ask them where the heck they were. |
 |
| First thing we looked at from our room on the 8th floor. The views were incredible. |
 |
| Before we could even catch our breath the kids were in their swimming suits and out on the beach in front of our condo. |
 |
| The kids went to look for a seal we heard was down the beach a ways. They never did find it! |
 |
| Catching some sun.....my stomach looks fat.....hmmm....guess I need to suck it in. |
 |
| Sandcastles that eventually got washed away when the tide came in later that evening. |
 |
| Trying a little boogie boarding. |
 |
| One thing we decided to splurge on was the rental car. We got a convertible and it was totally worth it. There is nothing like enjoying Hawaii while you are driving around in the sunshine. |
3 comments:
OK. So many comments.
1. Powell's eyes are really pretty in the second picture and blue!
2. Savannah and Hunter have the EXACT face in the second picture.
3. Loving that they took advantage of caffeine on vacation. You always have to spoil yourself on Vacay… it’s a rule.
4. That hotel looks kinky.
5. Love the view and the ocean looks amazing.
6. Stop saying you are fat DORK. Your swimming suit is adorable and you look great.
7. Love a convertible in Hawaii. Glad you did it when you came out to visit me.
8. I’m done…. Ready for the next section. LOVING IT.
Well Kelsi, you certainly are observant. I agree with everything you said.
So Glad that you were able to take Savannah and Hunter with you. They will always remember how special that first trip to Hawaii was. Looks so fun.
Looks like a Great Trip. I am Jealous. I hope we can go with our older kids some day on a fun Vacation.
Post a Comment