We were stressed when the worst ice storms since 1985 arrived the day we were supposed to leave for Houston. The airport was closed all morning but luckily our flight wasn't cancelled, just delayed. We arrived in Houston really late but were so excited it didn't matter. We decided we would spend the night in Houston and then drive to Galveston the following day. We waited in line for a long time for our rental car once we flew in. The people were really lame and the lady proudly told us that we could choose any car in the full size lot. I thought, gosh, that's nice. We will let the kids choose. Unfortunately there was only one and it was a total grandma car. The kids were laughing their heads off. Then we found one more that was a jeep. We made it to our hotel at 1:30 am and were exhausted. The next day was spent sleeping in, going to find some shorts for Savannah and meeting up with one of my mission friends. We got to Galveston in the evening and explored the city a little bit. It reminded me of what New Orleans would look like. There were a lot of people saying "sir" and ma'am". We got another hotel and got prepped for the Disney Cruise that would start the following day.
| At the airport ready to go! |
| Ms. Savannah reading the paper while waiting for the flight |
| Notice the row of empty spots....and she happily said "pick any car you want in the full-size lot"....whatever! |
| Glad we found this car instead. |
| Laughing about the situation |
| Chillin at the hotel |
| Standing in front of rows of rows of candy and chocolate |
| Look how beautiful! |
| Ice Cream |
| This was called a sand dollar. It was kind of like a turtle with carmel, chocolate and nuts. |
| My girl found a horse to eat her ice cream cone on. |
| Yummy |
| I LOVE to read but don't get a chance to very often. When I go on vacation I always spend time reading. |
| They are cuddled up and can hardly wait for the cruise! |
5 comments:
I feel your excitement with everything you are doing. I'm so happy that you got to go on this fabulous vacation. Looking forward to more pictures.
I am laughing at the granny car. You should have squeezed into it- one big happy family! ha ha. That candy shop looks amazing... would have loved it!
OH- and I don't know how I feel about the kids sitting on the mattress without a sheet. Grossssss. haha
Sorry I just was looking at the photos again and noticed how different Hunter looks. He has changed since Christmas!!! Looking so old and handsome!
I'm laughing at all of KJ's comments.
Granny car is SO FUNNY....and I was thinking the same thing about the mattress hahaha.
Savannah is GORGEOUS in the last pic (and in her tank hehe)
That candy shop is my kind of place to shop:) Excited to see the rest of the pics
Post a Comment