Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thanksgiving/Baptism in California

 After doing the whole entire Thanksgiving dinner by myself last year, I was thrilled to go to Brett and Nat's for Thanksgiving! I always feel a little empty when part of our family is missing so I was glad to be with them. Then I found out Kelsi and Tom couldn't come so I still had that little bit of emptiness on Thanksgiving day. I just want us ALL to be together. I know that isn't always possible but it was still great. The other special part of the week was the birthday of my favorite girl twins, Madi and Saige and their baptism! We were so happy to be there. It was over too quickly, as always. Natalie's family also came so it was nice to see them again.
Grandpa happy to see his girls again!
We stayed in Powell's crew hotel because they gave us such a good rate. It freed up a little room at Brett and Nat's house. Mckenna was SUCH a pill. She is an easy, mellow kid but as soon as we got into the hotel room she was full of it. She danced and jumped and refused to go to bed every night.
Mr. Hansen checking out the food. Love that man!
Mckenna feeling jealous that Grandma has so many other grandchildren that she loves.
Savannah looking entirely too old.
I tried all week long to get Sydney to be my friend. She listened to me read a book....at a distance
Natalie is a wonderful cook and the Thanksgiving dinner was amazing.
Brinley had the best time playing with Roley. She begged for a week afterwards for a dog.
I loved this picture of Sydney and Dalton coaxing to get out while watching Mckenna on the other side.
Mckenna trying to be part of Madi and Saige's tricks.
Look how cute and good Kolton is hanging out with Savannah and I.
I don't know what they are doing but it looks fun.
Natalie also made homemade Gingerbread Houses for us to build. She went to so much work to make our trip nice.
The end result
We had delicious meals every day, not just on Thanksgiving. Brett smoked brisket one night and we also had a soup bar for the baptism party.
Breakfast every morning was McDonalds in the hotel....of course Natalie made a big breakfast as well.
Beautiful miracles.
Baptism song by the twins and their Grandma Dalton
One of our many stops on our drive back home. It was the first time the kids had eaten blizzards from Dairy Queen.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Great times in CA. I'm always glad to get to see the results of our times together through photos.

Kelsi said...

Still sad I wasn't there. Looks like so much fun. Really cute pictures. Missing everyone.