I was super excited to show my kids my mission. What I didn't realize was just how beautiful Indiana really is. I only had three areas and didn't really get to see all of the farmland, the Amish and the country towns. Driving from Michigan allowed us to enjoy ALL of this. I couldn't get over how much I LOVED it. My first area and really only area where I keep in touch with people is Kokomo. The town right before Kokomo is Peru, Indiana. My friend, Janet, that I found on a trip back by myself a few years ago, lives in Peru. I didn't get to spend much time with her last time (since I spent the whole trip looking for her). Anyway, she had been in touch and really wanted to meet the kids. She suggested we stay in the Circus City Inn near her home. This also put me close to Kokomo and just an hour from the Indianapolis Temple. Janet SPOILED us for the 3 days we spent there. She planned some wonderful activities and had crafts for the kids. She also bought TONS of food for us. Her and her boyfriend Tim were so amazing. Oh and BTW, Janet is ANTI-PICTURE so we don't have very many of her or Tim.

 |
| Peru used to be a training ground for the circus....This was in the lobby of the hotel....lol. |
| |
| The kids always have to get their swimming in. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Janet LOVES and RAISES all kind of animals. She is also friends with a lady, named Marilyn who basically has a zoo in her yard. She lives out in the country near Peru. Janet asked her if we could come and visit all the animals. Some of the animals were unique. We had never seen anything like it. I wish I had written down the names of all the animals because now I can't remember! |
 |
| This was a blind kangaroo that Marilyn is taking care of. |
 |
| Marilyn's House |
 |
| Look at the miniature deer inside Marilyn's house. |
 |
| Marilyn was super cool. |
 |
| There aren't too many original covered bridges left but this is one in Roann, near Marilyn's house. I wish Powell hadn't left and gone back to work. He would have loved it! |
 |
| I can't believe they built these by hand, back in the day. |
 |
| Janet treated us at an awesome pizza place. Her and Tim brought their monkeys so they had to stay outside. You can see Tim through the window. He has the monkeys. |
 |
| After pizza, it was time for ice cream. You can see Janet and Tim here. Sherman and Mae, the monkeys, are enjoying the ice cream as well. |
 |
| The girls are in heaven with the crafts Janet bought them. And look at the Fisherman magazines they got for Hunter to read, since he loves fishing. |
 |
| Tim had this cool car for Hunter to go riding in. |
 |
| Brinley has always loved chickens so she let Janet's chickens out to chase them. |
 |
| I MADE her take a picture with me. |
 |
| We went to the open house of the new Indianapolis temple. My friend, Cindy Lee Barbosa (I taught her in Bloomington at IU) met us there. She lives in Carmel, near the temple. She is strong and active in the church. She is so sweet. I'm proud of her for staying strong when no one in her family is a member. Her and her husband have one little girl and she is an attorney in Indy. She is looking at moving to Utah in the future. |
 |
| The temple was beautiful |
 |
| We ate at Golden Corral after the temple. |
 |
| The kids were hot and tired. lol. |
 |
| I had to stop and visit Sister Dwiggans, even though the kids had had it. They were ready to get back to Kelsi's. Oh and THANK YOU to Kelsi for letting us borrow her car. It saved us lots of money. |
3 comments:
What an interesting life your friend Janet lives! I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with her and her boyfriend. How generous of them to do so many nice things for you and the children. I'm can't imagine taking care of all those animals and especially having to pay for feed for all of them. There was a reason you were supposed to serve in Indiana. Look at the memories and the people who became your friends. I hope your children will recognize the sacrifice you made in taking them there to experience the things that became so dear to you.
I'm glad u were able to go to Indiana and do all of that. Loved hearing about your adventures there!
How awesome you got to go back to your mission! Fun to see all the pics. So nice of Janet to buy stuff for your kiddos!
Post a Comment