Saturday, October 10, 2015

Michigan/Indiana Trip Part 1

We decided to go to Michigan the end of July to visit Tom and Kelsi. We were excited to go to a new place. They live in Kalamazoo but we flew into Grand Rapids, which is about 45 minutes away. The weather was beautiful while we were there. I expected it to be more humid but it was comfortable. We combined visiting Kelsi with visiting the new temple in Indianapolis. It was really close from Kalamazoo to Indiana! Wahoo.
Isn't Savannah a beauty? We went to Lake Michigan and we all loved it. The beach was fantastic and since it is a lake, there isn't any salt water. It is so huge, you felt like you were at the ocean. This is a place I would love to return to someday.



There is "pure joy" right there. I'm not quite sure what is happening.
Avery was content to just fill her bucket with sand.


Brinley got buried in the sand.

Everyone but me (since I had a stress fracture from running) walked out to the lighthouse.

On our way back towards Kalamazoo, we stopped to do some blueberry picking. We decided immediately that we've never really had good, fresh blueberries until now. It was lots of fun and we took home blueberries to eat and freeze. We also got to try some blueberry salsas, jams and sauces in the store.

I love how they tie the bucket around the kids necks so they don't drop it while picking.


Sunday we went to a park near Kelsi's house. They have lakes all over the place in that part of the country and this park was also by a small lake. The trees were beautiful and it was pretty humid this day.
Kelsi packed nice lunches for us and made us yummy food while we were there.


Mckenna and Charli are best friends. Brinley was cute to play with the little girls as well.

Smores and entertainment by Hunter.
I forgot how much I love fireflies. The girls got some jars and chased a few around and even caught one or two.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Wow....love those cousins sharing time together in several different settings. Michigan looks like such a beautiful state and a place that is appealing to so many. So glad Kelsi was able to accommodate your family and that you spent time together. Great memories!!

Kelsi said...

So fun! Loved looking back at these pictures. Come out again and we can explore some new spots! Loved having you

Dean and Rachel said...

This is SO FUN! Makes me jealous!!! I totally need to get out there!