Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mckenna's First Birthday!

I don't know why the first year goes by so fast.......I wish I could stop time and enjoy her even longer just as she is. Mckenna is such a "GEM". She is such a sweet, patient, easy going little girl. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. I love her sooooooo much. I went through more than anyone would ever know to get her here but I'd do it all again. She is such a blessing to our family.
Playing with Aunt Rae
Birthday cake made by mom and "sprinkled" by Brin!
Happy to have cake!
Help from Hansen
Mom's best friend
Chillin with Grandpa
Opening Presents
New Shoes!
Mckenna is in no hurry to grow up and I'm in no hurry for her to grow up either....since I know she is our last. She isn't walking or talking much. She says hi, ought oh, mom, dad, ga ga, tha you (thank you), and woof (when she sees the cat). She is very loving and will lay her head on my shoulder and pat me. She loves to put the cat food into the cat water. When I get mad at her for doing that I say, "Mckenna" in a stern voice and she points her finger in the air and shakes it like she is saying "no, no, no". She loves her whole milk and is finished nursing. She is a super good eater even though she is on the smaller side (her chubby cheeks almost fool ya). She weighed 17lbs. 2 oz. at her one year appointment and was 29 inches long.

4 comments:

Kelsi said...

Ohhh Jess she is so dang cute. I miss this little girl. I wanted to see a picture of her face in the cake. Did she get to eat it? Loved all the pictures. I am laughing out loud about the woof at the cat hahahaa.

Kelsi said...

Those shoes are SOOOOO CUTE!

Martha said...

I love that little Mckenna bear. I love the picture of her clapping her hands. The one with Dad is pretty cute too. It was a fun birthday and yes, I agree, that she is in no hurry to grow up. I think it has been so comforting for everyone to have a sweet little girl who is so content.

Dean and Rachel said...

Love her! She is such a doll, and SO sweet. You're right, her cheeks do fool ya. LOVE THEM!!!