Saturday, April 12, 2014

The guys at Venice Beach and Magic Mountain

Ever since we saw Magic Mountain for the first time on our way from LAX to Brett and Nats in Bakersfield, Hunter has been asking to go. We kept promising with each visit to Bakersfield that we would take him. We were also waiting for him to get a bit taller so he could go on all the rides. Well, low and behold, Brett and Nat up and moved to Idaho and one of the first things Hunter said (after he said, what about the pool?) in response to them moving was, "what about magic mountain?" So, I told Powell, maybe it's time for a great Father/Son outing to Magic Mountain. So off they went for a weekend. I'm kind of jealous!
They took an early flight on Friday and spent the day hanging out together. Powell took Hunter to Venice Beach and it was a VERY INTERESTING place!
Do these break dancers even have a job? There were tons of guys just hanging out, skateboarding and dancing.
This was a car they saw on the street that was for sale. Evidently, it was $5 to get in but the guy let Hunter sit on the seat without his feet touching the inside for free!
Green Skull window tint?
This dog was hanging out with the guy selling the car.
Hunter didn't know anything about Hard Rock Cafe but luckily he wore the right shirt....ha ha. He LOVED all of the memorabilia. This is a Nikki Sixx motorcycle from the band Motley Crue.
Michael Jackson's hat
LOVED LOVED LOVED Eddie Van Halen's guitar. 
Now for the unimportant stuff.....the food!
Hollywood Walk of Fame
I'm telling you there are some strange ones in this world we live in.
Love my men 
AND NOW FOR THE REASON THEY CAME!!!!!

This is X2 and it was the first ride they went on. They raced to this ride very first and waited 1 1/2 hours. Normally the wait is more like 3 hours.
Full Throttle is the newest ride at Magic Mountain and has the world record for the biggest loop. It also stops in the middle of the loop.
Tatsu was also one of the favs.
They covered the whole park and stayed from open until close and it was a fabulous time.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I'm glad he got that Father/Son Outing that he has been waiting for. Looks like he really had fun.

Kelsi said...

Um...the perks of having a dad for a pilot - lets go to Cali for the weekend lol. So nice! Looks like a really fun trip for the two of them. I don't think I would go on some of those rides. I have turned into a wuss.

Dean and Rachel said...

So fun! When I asked him what his favorite part about the trip was....guess what he said? Being with my dad!!!