Tuesday, September 10, 2013

THIRTEEN

 I can't believe my first child is a teenager! I can't be old enough, can I? Aren't 13 year olds supposed to be awkward and ugly? Not Savannah! Isn't she beautiful? I'm so proud of the Young Woman she is becoming. When Savannah was little she was super intense. I thought for sure she would be a Type A personality. Now that she is older she is definitely a laid back, Type B personality. It's hard for me to relate but refreshing for me to see someone who doesn't get anxious all the time like me. Savannah is still at the top of her class even though she is one of the youngest in her grade. Most of her classes in 8th grade are honors classes. She has a beautiful singing voice (even though she doesn't always let you hear). She is able to harmonize.....which is an amazing gift. She plays the piano and has quite a few hymns under her belt now. Her two favorite sports are volleyball and softball. I'm amazed at how hyper she becomes when she is with her friends. Speaking of friends, Savannah has tons of them....both boys and girls. She is a good listener (her friends will tell you that) and a good arguer (I will tell you that). I think she is pretty undecided about what major she will choose in college. She goes back and forth but she can do anything she wants. I really believe that. Her writing seems like a college student now! I do know that her plans include: college, possible mission, temple marriage and a family. The sky is the limit when you are 13. Love you girl!




Just one gift this year.....Ipod Touch
It flatters me that she wants me to make my chocolate bundt cake every year. It also saves me a lot of money!

Since her birthday was right before the family reunion, Carly and Coleman and Phillip and Claudia were visiting as well.

3 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

GORGEOUS! I love Savannah so much, and always will. She really can do ANYTHING, and I'm pretty sure she is way smarter than me already.

Martha said...

Impossible to have Savannah turn 13years old. I still remember the first night home from the hospital with her as a newborn. Such a little doll. She has blossomed into a beautiful young woman. Don't know if we are all ready for that. (especially her mother)

Kelsi said...

It is nice to keep it simple. I love simple cakes. She is gorgeous and I think you will be in trouble with the boys - I was SO ugly at that age. I cringe thinking about it. She is lucky she never went through it. She will do great things.