Monday, September 8, 2014

One of my BEST BIRTHDAYS!

I thought I really didn't care about my birthday, but after four years in a row of Powell being gone and me doing the same old "Mom" stuff all day, I decided I did care. So Powell took time off for my birthday and we actually planned something fun! I planned a day of hiking to Stewart Falls, lunch at the waterfall and a Hawaiian shaved ice afterwards. Then Powell and I went to dinner and a movie. It was a fabulous day.
This was taken at Sundance near the General Store. We started our hike from Sundance.

I love how Brinley brought her own bag to carry with the water for her and Mckenna. She took such good care of Mckenna on the hike. It was adorable. 



It was breath taking.
Mckenna did really well. I was surprised that she walked the entire way up to the falls. She talked almost the entire way as well. She said things like, "I love hiking, have I ever been hiking?". She also said, "When I grow up, I want to be a hiking mom." We saw a wild turkey, chipmunks, squirrels, birds etc. She said, "No one told me there was going to be chipmunks on hiking!" We got such a kick out of how much she enjoyed our hike.



Little M did trip a few times. Poor girl. She was tough though.
We were ready for the ice cold water because it was super hot.
We packed Subway sandwiches, chips, water and soda.

Gorgeous

Brinley walked under the falls. I was surprised she was brave enough.
Hunter also did it.


We went to WISP back in Heber for some shaved ice.
Dinner was at Tucanos. I'm glad Powell and I both love Brazilian BBQ.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I would love to hike up to Stewart Falls. It has been years since I hiked up there. How beautiful!!

Dean and Rachel said...

How fun! I wanna go now...Such cute pics of the kids. I especially love the one of the two girls together. I am seriously laughing at the stuff M was saying....Oh I love her!

Kelsi said...

Looks like such a nice bday. I LOVE the mountains. Beautiful pics, cute family.