Friday, September 12, 2014

Wicked with my favorite teenager!

I have wanted to go to the Broadway musical Wicked for about 5 years. I have the music book that I've played at the Homestead and the Zermatt and I have listened to it on my ipod. Savannah was in girls choir during 8th grade and her teacher "made" them learn 3 Wicked songs. Well Savannah wasn't too happy at first but quickly fell in love with the music. We found out it was playing in Salt Lake a little too late and it was sold out. Well, Powell found tickets on KSL.com and bought tickets for my birthday and for Savannah's birthday. He spent A LOT on the tickets and we had the BEST seats. I know I'm bragging right now but seriously, I will remember this night for the rest of my life. It was SOOOOO good. When it was over, Savannah and I didn't want to leave. We wanted it to go on forever. I love that she appreciates music as much as I do. 
Eating at Blue Iguana before the show. I'm also glad my girl LOVES Mexican food as much as me too.
Super good pork and shrimp tacos.
Chimichanga
Can you tell we are really excited?

2 comments:

Martha said...

On my bucket list.....looks like a very special mother/daughter date. Thanks to Powell for always making these things happen for you.

Kelsi said...

So fun! You two look really cute. I don't know one thing about Wicked. Teach me.