Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Des Moines March 2013

Brinley and I planned a trip to see Kelsi and Charli in Des Moines while Tom was in Honduras with his Medical School. I was hoping that a little one on one with Brinley would help her behavior. Unfortunately, she acted WORSE! I think maybe it was because she was competing with cute little Charli and Kelsi. We still had a fun time. 
On our first flight to Detroit....it's not easy to get to Des Moines!
We found a place in the Detroit airport that makes the BEST PB and J sandwiches!
We had fun making crafts. Brinley painted a wooden horse and the letter B. Kelsi and I worked on an Easter banner.
She did a dang good job considering she is only 5.
The finished product!
Charli and I making friends...
Kelsi took us to "La Mie Bakery". Who knew that you could find a wonderful French Bakery in Iowa?
French toast with PB, bananas and bacon. It was soooooooo good.

Brownie for breakfast?

We took the girls to Chucky Cheese and Charli was hilarious running from ride to ride. She LOVED it. It was fun to see her cute personality developing.

This little stinker climbed up the slide because she was too short to go the right way until she got to the top.....brave girl!


Charli is looking for more tokens!


Brinley wasn't very patient with Charli but Charli just kept trying to be friends with her.
Time to say goodbye

We look alike, huh?
Brinley ready for the plane ride to Denver and then home. Unfortunately we didn't make it out of Denver that night so we called our cousin, Natalie Riepe to stay at her house.
I was so excited that we got stuck so I could see Natalie and her darling boys. 
Brinley had tons of fun with Jude. 
Jude and Liam
There was a huge snow storm in Denver the night we slept over. There were cancelled flights, delayed flights and many people who misconnected and others who were just stuck. This was the worst situation for 2 people trying to fly stand-by. Brinley said, "Mom will we ever get home?" Lucky for me, Denise helped with the kids back home because Powell went to work! We tried for flights on Delta and United so we went back and forth down the escalators, on the train from Terminal B to Terminal C all day. Brinley was a trooper. 
Here is a picture of the worst nachos I have ever tasted compliments of the Denver Airport. I wish I could remember the name of the place. Look at the cheese.....it's watered down, so is the sour cream and the meat was very questionable.
Here Brinley is losing her mind!!!! Wondering how we will ever get home! We went on the Mezzanine level for an hour or so and spread out our blankets and coloring books. Like I said, she was a trooper. We got out on the absolute LAST flight of the night. We arrived in Salt Lake around 11:30 pm.

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

So glad you guys came out to visit and spend time with me. We love to have visitors. I feel so bad you got stuck in DEN but it was fun to see Natalie. I am laughing at that last picture of Brin and those NACHOS LOOK DISGUSTING!!! Fun to see the trip all over again. We had fun.

Martha said...

I don't think I'll ever order nachos again. Yuk!! Lots of cute pictures of Charli and Brin. Natalie's boys are so cute. I'm happy you spent some time with her.

Dean and Rachel said...

Um, did you eat those nachos? I'm afraid...VERY AFRAID!
What a fun trip, and it was fun to see the cute boys of Natalie.