Sunday, April 7, 2013

Italian Blue and Gold

I have so much fun planning my pack meetings. Last year we had a Hawaiian Theme Blue and Gold Banquet and this year we had an Italian Theme. I looked EVERYWHERE for red and white checkered table cloths. Every time I found them, they were way too expensive. Then while looking at the Valentine's stuff one night at Walmart, I found these. They had hearts along the edges so we were able to cut off the hearts and then we cut them in half to make a square. We just put white underneath. I found these crunchy breadsticks at the dollar store and the flicker lights. I borrowed extra flicker lights and mason jars. To add some height I put some dry pasta in the bottom. Because my meal was especially full of garlic, I made sure every table had mints. It was such a fun night!


Mustaches (also found at the Dollar store) so they look like Italian men!


We asked Kelly Jarvis to play his accordian and it was the highlight of the night. He played while we ate and then talked to the boys afterwards about how the accordian works.
I was hoping to make a pizza dart board but it didn't turn out that way. We used felt  for the pizza, mushrooms and pepperoni. We put points on each part and then they threw a velcro covered ping pong ball. They got 5 chances and the one with the highest score won!
Throw the meatballs (brown ping pong balls) into the pasta game. There were points for each container and the one with the highest score won.
The Berkley family enjoying their dinner
This is the only picture we took of the food. I made red sauce and alfredo and then we got meatballs from Costco. We had pasta, breadsticks and green salad. Our dessert was cream puffs and Spumoni Ice Cream!
My handsome boy got his bear! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Glad I can now see the fruits of your labors. I heard all about it and saw some of the things you had made but not the whole picture. Looks like so much fun. I bet your ward loves having you guys as the Cubmasters. Turned out really cute.

Martha said...

I forgot to tell you how distinquished Hunter looks with his mustache. Ha Ha

Kelsi said...

So cute and creative. Loved seeing all of it. Lookin' sexy in your tan scout shirt.