We did our THIRD pinewood derby and I hope it's our last. Seriously, it is so stressful in our ward to please everyone. We have 16 cubscouts but only 14 participated. Things went pretty well (I think) but I'm sure I will hear about something eventually that someone wasn't happy with. Hunter was our winner....HURRAY. We gave trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and he has never placed. Our refreshment was donuts (spare tires) and chocolate milk (motor oil). We didn't take pictures of our various signs and decorations but you get the idea...
| I made a car for each of the boys and a certificate. |
| We had a large crowd of parents and grandparents |
| We paid a couple from Spanish Fork to run our track |
| Here are the cars and the coveted trophies |
| Hunter's car was #4. |
| Everything was computerized and each boy got to race 4 times. Once in each of the four lanes. |
| While we were figuring out our winners, I had the boys race down a ramp on wheely cars. It was harder than I thought because of the slippery church floor. |
| 1st place winner! |
2 comments:
How fun! Good job on everything. You can't please everyone... I wouldn't worry about complaints. People need to chill out ... if they only saw what our ward was like out here they wouldn't complain!
Sorry I missed seeing the great event. I'm so glad that Hunter won. I know how much work you go to Jess and Powell. Congrats on another successful Derby!
Post a Comment