Sometimes you just feel really amazed and proud of your kids. That is how I have felt lately. Brinley isn't the easiest to get a long with as we all know. She has a very intense personality. She can be TOUGH and I finally saw that TOUGHNESS pay off. She asked me over and over for a few weeks if she could have her ears pierced. I didn't really want to deal with it because she is only 5. We don't necessarily have a family rule about getting our ears pierced. I just knew that she would cry, that it would hurt, that I would have one more reason to be tired and FRAZZLED! She said, "Mom can I please get my ears pierced? I promise I won't cry. What do I need to do to get my ears pierced?" I needed to go to Park City so I told her we would "try" it. When we got there the lady working said she was the only one working in the store and that she would have to do her ears one at a time. I warned Brinley, hoping she would change her mind but she said, "It's fine mom, it will only hurt for a minute!" So she sat up in the chair and acted so brave. The lady warned me that if she did back out after one, I'd still be required to buy the earrings (she was even thinking Brinley would back out). She told Brinley to look straight ahead and off she went. Brinley didn't even flinch. She kept looking straight ahead and she did the other ear. Her beautiful little ears were pierced, just like that.....no tears....no complaining....just a smile on her face. Now she can't wait until we can buy earrings on a mother-daughter date.
Savannah decided to try volleyball this year and I was so proud of her. A few of her friends played last year so she was a little behind. She is a strong girl and she made a lot of progress. She had practice every Tuesday and Thursday and 4 Saturday tournaments. The tournaments were fun to watch and they lasted all day. Her coach was great. It was Mike Ho from Midway. Way to Go, Savannah!
2 comments:
I can't believe Brin didn't cry! She is a tough little girl. So glad Savannah liked V-ball. She looks cute in her uniform.
Your girls are definitely growing up. Wow Brin is a determined little girl and it did pay off to have her know that she could do it without crying. Savannah looks so cute with her teammates.
Post a Comment