Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hunter's Track and the Fathers and Sons

I think sometimes you don't know if you will really like something unless you give it a chance. Hunter has always liked to run. He can actually run pretty far. I don't see him as a "fast"runner but I thought maybe it would be cool to see if he was good at track. We signed him up and immediately he didn't like it. It's hard when your child is upset and doesn't want to do something but we decided to make him stick it out. Because he was one of the younger kids, the coach usually had him sign up for the shorter races. Hunter wasn't particularly quick so he got frustrated. We had him run some of the longer races and he did better.....more like middle of the pack. When he tried to quit a second time we told him that he had to finish the season but if he never signed up for it again that was fine with us!!!


 Powell was home for the Fathers and Sons camp out which is a miracle in itself because he is rarely home on weekends. Hunter was so excited to go because they spend a lot of time shooting their guns every year. He got his air soft gun all ready and got the cooler out so he could stop at the store on his way to choose some of his favorite sodas. Funny kid.
Hunter is the one in the green John Deere hat.
I don't really know what the bishop is doing but I'm guessing some kind of wood chopping race.....it's kind of an interesting ward that way!
Soda for breakfast anyone?
The camp site!

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

That is so fun that he got to go with Powell. Hunter is such a cute boy. I hated track to but its good he finished it instead of quit. He has looonnnngg legs. I am loving all of these updates!

Dean and Rachel said...

Sure love that boy, and I think it's good you made him stick it out. So fun Powell was home to go with him